Water soluble paper : Tackle Improper Purging
A case study on training and demonstration to EPC L&T Hydrocarbon
Supertech Team conducting successful training and demonstration to EPC L&T Hydrocarbon on how to Tackle Improper Purging using water soluble paper for a Refinery expansion erection site in Eastern India.
Usually clients, contractor buy Aquasol Water Soluble Papers & Tapes, but using the product correctly is seldom known by the site operators and technicians. This results in improper purging, gas wastage, repair in welds and even a lot of wastage of purge dam materials. Due to incorrect usage, the Water Soluble Adhesive Tape does not stick on the surface and hence operators use masking tape. Masking Tapes are not soluble in water and can cause other issues like clogging at the time of hydro-testing and commissioning, resulting in lot of delays.
Our Technical Sales Team conducts free training sessions at these sites to piping contractors and operators. These sessions educate on how to create a purge dam and effectively use them which helps to avoid time delays, wastage of materials and most importantly avoid repairs of weld joints. This may seem a simple activity, but our customers save a LOT!
- Traditional purge systems present significant limitations as they are inefficient, costly, and labor-intensive. Additionally, conventional purge systems must be placed far from the weld zone (10-20 ft.) adding unnecessary inconvenience and costs to the welding process.
- To overcome these limitations, Aquasol Water Soluble Paper and Tape were introduced. Together these components can be constructed by hand into unique purge dams. They are able to be placed within close proximity of the weld zone, thereby increasing the efficiency of the entire welding process.
- Aquasol Water Soluble Paper provides an excellent barrier used to retain noble gases such as argon and helium within the weld zone during TIG welding of stainless steel and aluminum pipes.
- Even though the entire process is very simple, but still contractors face difficulties to attain 100% efficiency in the welding process.
- Hence, we at Supertech Services Pvt Ltd. give proper training on-site / at-workshop, so that our clients can acquire 100% efficiency of our products and make their work easy, fast and reliable.
- Below you could see in images, our Engineering team is guiding and training EPCs the entire Purging procedure from Start-to-end, and training them – “How to create effective Purge Dam”
- We were successfully able to fasten up the entire welding process thus saving a lot of time and the very expensive ARGON gas.
Training on how to prepare a Purge Dam by using
“Aquasol Water Soluble Paper and Tape”
Placing purge dam in place
Dabbing moist cloth on tape to activate the adhesive
Aquasol Purge dam is now ready
for Pipe Fit-up and Back Purging!